The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 3.87% or 6.150 points to trade at 165.100 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 4.07% or 0.695 points to end at 17.765 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) was up 3.53% or 2.050 points to 60.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 2.43% or 0.695 points to trade at 27.865 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 1.26% or 0.720 points to end at 56.340 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 0.05% or 0.02 points to 40.36.
The top performers on the MDAX were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which rose 7.26% to 35.74, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 5.45% to settle at 127.600 and Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which gained 5.00% to close at 98.34.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 4.38% to 3.452 in late trade, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which lost 1.37% to settle at 40.950 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 0.92% to 96.520 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 10.15% to 23.4500, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 8.14% to settle at 11.1550 and Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which gained 6.64% to close at 45.000.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 4.66% to 0.11 in late trade, Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which lost 3.51% to settle at 3.17 and Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was down 0.22% to 13.630 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 559 to 127 and 25 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.04% to 22.47.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.47% or 5.80 to $1216.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.23% or 0.15 to hit $66.33 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.41% or 0.31 to trade at $76.22 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.22% to 1.1319, while EUR/GBP fell 0.64% to 0.8871.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.