The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 10.06% or 1.218 points to trade at 13.328 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 3.95% or 6.400 points to end at 168.500 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) was up 2.76% or 3.120 points to 116.080 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 1.78% or 0.515 points to trade at 28.405 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.39% or 1.82 points to end at 129.30 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 0.68% or 1.02 points to 148.10.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 5.30% to 28.80, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 4.97% to settle at 150.100 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 4.94% to close at 93.5000.
The worst performers were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was down 1.31% to 45.06 in late trade, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which lost 1.28% to settle at 542.00 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 0.92% to 15.080 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 4.97% to 150.100, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 4.94% to settle at 93.500 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 3.28% to close at 47.280.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 0.49% to 34.2900 in late trade, Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which gained 0.09% to settle at 18.216 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 0.15% to 343.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 505 to 198 and 73 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 9.45% to 15.43.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.87% or 11.25 to $1286.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 1.47% or 0.91 to hit $62.93 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.55% or 1.11 to trade at $72.88 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.21% to 1.1177, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8736.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 97.627.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.