Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 2.03%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Software and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 2.03% to hit a new 1-month high, while the MDAX index gained 1.19%, and the TecDAX index gained 1.78%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 5.39% or 0.635 points to trade at 12.410 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 4.00% or 10.50 points to end at 273.30 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 3.84% or 0.870 points to 23.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 2.27% or 0.355 points to trade at 15.280 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 2.05% or 0.294 points to end at 14.070 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 0.43% or 0.20 points to 46.05.
The top performers on the MDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 4.43% to 94.350, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 26.71 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 4.02% to close at 13.700.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 7.67% to 53.220 in late trade, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which lost 1.59% to settle at 22.32 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.19% to 36.490 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 4.43% to 94.350, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 3.65% to settle at 52.500 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 3.49% to close at 186.800.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 7.67% to 53.220 in late trade, Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which lost 2.05% to settle at 14.070 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 0.32% to 12.310 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 515 to 181 and 73 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.62% to 14.10 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.61% or 8.15 to $1351.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 3.34% or 1.74 to hit $53.91 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.79% or 1.09 to trade at $62.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1201, while EUR/GBP fell 0.27% to 0.8925.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 97.132.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or