Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 3.37%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Construction sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 3.37%, while the MDAX index added 2.99%, and the TecDAX index added 3.23%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 7.68% or 3.165 points to trade at 44.365 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 6.35% or 3.86 points to end at 64.66 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 6.05% or 3.360 points to 58.940 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ), which added 0.77% or 0.115 points to trade at 15.045 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 0.90% or 0.820 points to end at 92.180 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) gained 0.94% or 0.085 points to 9.083.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which rose 8.17% to 26.340, Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was up 7.43% to settle at 3.223 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which gained 5.96% to close at 45.53.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 3.81% to 36.35 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 3.42% to settle at 14.5500 and Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which was down 0.80% to 41.050 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 19.35% to 9.250, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 8.61% to settle at 16.650 and Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which gained 7.64% to close at 31.0000.
The worst performers were VTG AG O.N. (DE: VT9G ) which was down 1.96% to 50.000 in late trade, Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which lost 1.53% to settle at 2.90 and Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was down 0.78% to 38.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 609 to 114 and 53 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 9.67% to 21.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.62% or 8.00 to $1286.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.12% or 1.00 to hit $48.09 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.13% or 1.19 to trade at $57.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1401, while EUR/GBP fell 0.72% to 0.8953.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 95.743.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or