Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.01%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Transportation & Logistics and Retail sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.01%, while the MDAX index added 0.11%, and the TecDAX index added 0.16%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 1.96% or 0.60 points to trade at 31.41 at the close. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) added 1.69% or 0.530 points to end at 31.855 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 1.53% or 1.550 points to 103.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 1.43% or 2.100 points to trade at 144.300 in late trade. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) declined 1.30% or 2.350 points to end at 178.400 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.79% or 0.145 points to 18.115.
The top performers on the MDAX were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which rose 2.70% to 90.000, Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which was up 2.60% to settle at 30.725 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which gained 2.44% to close at 75.270.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 4.47% to 74.620 in late trade, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which lost 3.65% to settle at 31.155 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 3.44% to 4.74 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which rose 4.53% to 21.585, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 1.76% to settle at 26.085 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.61% to close at 4.241.
The worst performers were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.00% to 33.50 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 2.26% to settle at 39.640 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 2.12% to 43.840 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 397 to 344 and 32 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.62% to 15.79.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 1.59% or 18.55 to $1183.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.34% or 0.18 to hit $53.08 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.28% or 0.16 to trade at $56.30 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 1.06% to 1.0599, while EUR/GBP rose 0.28% to 0.8535.
The US Dollar Index was down 1.04% at 101.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or