The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 2.69% or 0.295 points to trade at 11.265 at the close. Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ) added 1.60% or 0.330 points to end at 20.965 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 1.06% or 1.90 points to 180.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ), which lost 1.87% or 2.30 points to trade at 120.50 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 1.06% or 0.930 points to end at 86.790 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 0.59% or 0.450 points to 75.990.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 10.11% to 52.210, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was up 2.35% to settle at 4.49 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 2.25% to close at 49.055.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 67.64% to 9.445 in late trade, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which lost 2.20% to settle at 34.220 and Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was down 1.41% to 44.27 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which rose 4.35% to 242.10, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was up 2.40% to settle at 4.514 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 1.91% to close at 53.920.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 2.70% to 14.595 in late trade, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which lost 1.60% to settle at 15.380 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 1.21% to 83.060 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 478 to 266 and 44 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.40% to 12.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.10% or 1.21 to $1217.89 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.17% or 0.53 to hit $46.02 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.17% or 0.56 to trade at $48.30 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.24% to 1.1385, while EUR/GBP fell 0.54% to 0.8810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 95.64.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.