The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 1.87% or 2.450 points to trade at 133.650 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 1.70% or 1.350 points to end at 80.620 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.44% or 0.235 points to 16.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 4.47% or 0.820 points to trade at 17.505 in late trade. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) declined 3.42% or 0.264 points to end at 7.464 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 1.05% or 0.245 points to 23.020.
The top performers on the MDAX were Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which rose 3.78% to 12.215, Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which was up 2.54% to settle at 49.002 and Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which gained 2.49% to close at 29.070.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 4.78% to 32.960 in late trade, Rhoen Klinikum AG (DE: RHKG ) which lost 2.94% to settle at 25.225 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 1.20% to 9.05 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 3.91% to 44.260, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 3.56% to settle at 19.755 and Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which gained 2.90% to close at 94.870.
The worst performers were Alix Resources Corp (F: 37N2 ) which was down 3.03% to 0.032 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 2.25% to settle at 43.500 and STRATEC Biomedical AG (DE: SBSG ) which was down 1.82% to 44.725 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 425 to 320 and 36 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.89% to 15.01.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 0.40% or 4.60 to $1142.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.08% or 0.04 to hit $52.99 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.36% or 0.20 to trade at $55.01 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.0442, while EUR/GBP rose 0.57% to 0.8414.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.18% at 102.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.