The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 2.31% or 0.520 points to trade at 23.075 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.91% or 2.70 points to end at 144.15 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 1.17% or 0.820 points to 70.820 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Boerse AG Z.UMT. (DE: DB11 ), which lost 0.70% or 0.56 points to trade at 79.52 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 0.63% or 0.044 points to end at 6.987 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 0.62% or 0.085 points to 13.725.
The top performers on the MDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 4.62% to 4.80, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was up 2.70% to settle at 34.780 and K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which gained 1.62% to close at 22.950.
The worst performers were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 1.39% to 38.015 in late trade, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which lost 0.88% to settle at 14.060 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was down 0.88% to 29.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which rose 7.74% to 10.231, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 2.33% to settle at 78.280 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 1.92% to close at 48.680.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.48% to 26.040 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 12.220 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 2.19% to 21.235 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 388 to 362 and 26 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.53% to 14.70.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.15% or 1.85 to $1203.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.16% or 0.08 to hit $48.41 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.08% or 0.04 to trade at $51.41 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.0660, while EUR/GBP fell 0.72% to 0.8718.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 101.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.