The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 4.31% or 0.306 points to trade at 7.398 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.37% or 0.210 points to end at 15.565 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 1.19% or 0.265 points to 22.445 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ), which lost 1.58% or 2.85 points to trade at 177.20 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 0.74% or 0.245 points to end at 32.850 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 0.72% or 1.05 points to 144.25.
The top performers on the MDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 2.16% to 20.075, Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was up 2.06% to settle at 31.530 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which gained 2.01% to close at 53.730.
The worst performers were Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which was down 2.49% to 72.350 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 1.77% to settle at 15.56 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 1.39% to 40.53 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which rose 5.40% to 105.400, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 4.61% to settle at 25.625 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 2.74% to close at 211.50.
The worst performers were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.41% to 38.45 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 0.98% to settle at 10.645 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 0.76% to 49.225 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 498 to 248 and 29 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.10% to 12.96 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.74% or 9.04 to $1218.06 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.93% or 0.43 to hit $46.00 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.87% or 0.43 to trade at $48.91 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.43% to 1.0877, while EUR/GBP fell 0.43% to 0.8404.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.44% at 99.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.