Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.48%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Technology , Food & Beverages and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.48%, while the MDAX index added 0.85%, and the TecDAX index added 1.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 2.44% or 0.470 points to trade at 19.770 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.95% or 0.385 points to end at 20.160 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) was up 1.80% or 0.295 points to 16.690 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens AG (DE: SIEGn ), which lost 0.91% or 1.15 points to trade at 124.55 in late trade. Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) declined 0.90% or 1.60 points to end at 175.25 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.79% or 0.120 points to 15.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which rose 3.00% to 127.05, Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was up 2.91% to settle at 171.25 and Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which gained 2.20% to close at 51.960.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 2.06% to 67.370 in late trade, RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which lost 1.48% to settle at 67.400 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 1.32% to 32.960 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 4.77% to 11.420, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 4.42% to settle at 13.705 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 3.90% to close at 80.690.
The worst performers were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 2.75% to 50.500 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 0.64% to settle at 39.725 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 0.48% to 28.875 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 431 to 303 and 28 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.63% to 13.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.17% or 2.13 to $1256.73 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.58% or 0.26 to hit $44.72 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.35 to trade at $47.27 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.40% to 1.1191, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8753.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 97.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or