Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.51%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Consumer & Cyclical , Chemicals and Utilities sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.51%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.69%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.14%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 2.95% or 4.350 points to trade at 151.700 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 1.54% or 1.550 points to end at 102.000 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.51% or 0.109 points to 7.351 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which lost 0.85% or 0.100 points to trade at 11.705 in late trade. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) declined 0.39% or 0.700 points to end at 176.900 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) shed 0.33% or 0.500 points to 153.200.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which rose 6.32% to 76.230, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was up 5.09% to settle at 54.89 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 4.48% to close at 68.970.
The worst performers were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 1.64% to 31.505 in late trade, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which lost 0.84% to settle at 37.610 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 0.75% to 40.500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 2.52% to 49.210, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 1.74% to settle at 42.915 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.32% to close at 4.142.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 2.91% to 11.690 in late trade, S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which gained 0.17% to settle at 8.800 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 1.71% to 20.920 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 427 to 328 and 18 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.40% to 14.59 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 0.06% or 0.70 to $1213.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.30% or 0.68 to hit $51.80 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 1.19% or 0.66 to trade at $54.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.31% to 1.0679, while EUR/GBP rose 0.58% to 0.8679.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.48% at 100.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or