Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.57%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Technology , Industrials and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.57%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.65%, and the TecDAX index added 0.85%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Siemens AG NA (DE: SIEGn ), which rose 4.49% or 4.350 points to trade at 101.150 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 2.88% or 0.400 points to end at 14.305 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 2.06% or 0.405 points to 20.075 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 4.19% or 3.560 points to trade at 81.440 in late trade. Adidas AG NA O.N. (DE: ADSGN ) declined 1.96% or 2.900 points to end at 145.000 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 0.46% or 0.340 points to 73.670.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which rose 6.66% to 27.630, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 3.31% to settle at 64.000 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which gained 3.29% to close at 5.81.
The worst performers were Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was down 4.76% to 86.800 in late trade, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which lost 2.22% to settle at 26.190 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 2.03% to 46.205 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 5.41% to 24.365, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 4.28% to settle at 55.830 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which gained 3.09% to close at 23.67.
The worst performers were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 2.34% to 37.500 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 1.19% to settle at 43.495 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 1.15% to 45.545 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 600 to 274 and 21 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was unchanged 0.00% to 17.92.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.28% or 3.85 to $1368.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 2.33% or 0.95 to hit $41.78 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 2.02% or 0.87 to trade at $43.97 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.13% to 1.1135, while EUR/GBP rose 1.36% to 0.8482.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.18% at 95.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or