The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 4.22% or 5.250 points to trade at 129.650 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 2.46% or 0.285 points to end at 11.860 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 2.42% or 0.355 points to 15.005 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ), which lost 2.17% or 3.550 points to trade at 159.700 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 0.66% or 0.500 points to end at 75.670 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 0.46% or 0.300 points to 64.470.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which rose 9.21% to 32.500, Leoni AG NA O.N. (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 5.81% to settle at 31.040 and Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which gained 4.13% to close at 56.420.
The worst performers were Rhoen-Klinikum O.N. (DE: RHKG ) which was down 3.30% to 26.500 in late trade, Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which lost 3.23% to settle at 109.300 and Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was down 2.86% to 47.000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 7.05% to 3.736, Drillisch AG O.N. (DE: DRIG ) which was up 4.44% to settle at 35.870 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 4.31% to close at 4.190.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 4.25% to 41.690 in late trade, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which lost 1.72% to settle at 8.553 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 1.02% to 44.840 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 556 to 312 and 26 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.21% to 21.37.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.39% or 4.95 to $1261.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 2.51% or 1.09 to hit $44.53 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 3.87% or 1.69 to trade at $45.32 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1385, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.7880.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.04% at 94.18.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.