The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 3.68% or 0.312 points to trade at 8.785 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 3.67% or 0.275 points to end at 7.774 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 3.44% or 0.535 points to 16.095 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which lost 1.00% or 0.770 points to trade at 76.160 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 0.20% or 0.06 points to end at 30.66 and Adidas AG NA O.N. (DE: ADSGN ) shed 0.17% or 0.200 points to 114.600.
The top performers on the MDAX were Leoni AG NA O.N. (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 4.91% to 29.995, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was up 2.89% to settle at 29.750 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which gained 2.67% to close at 46.645.
The worst performers were LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 1.78% to 78.760 in late trade, Salzgitter AG O.N. (DE: SZGG ) which lost 0.73% to settle at 26.460 and Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which was down 0.72% to 28.225 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which rose 2.90% to 19.315, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 2.31% to settle at 28.955 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 2.13% to close at 4.179.
The worst performers were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 1.61% to 42.910 in late trade, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which lost 1.19% to settle at 85.770 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 1.15% to 39.800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 641 to 244 and 27 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 6.09% to 19.57.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.52% or 6.45 to $1222.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.58% or 0.28 to hit $48.90 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.07% or 0.52 to trade at $49.13 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1155, while EUR/GBP fell 0.30% to 0.7591.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.14% at 95.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.