The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 8.27% or 1.390 points to trade at 18.195 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 6.42% or 0.523 points to end at 8.671 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 5.42% or 0.585 points to 11.385 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 1.37% or 0.210 points to trade at 15.155 in late trade. Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ) declined 0.28% or 0.040 points to end at 14.065 and Merck KGAA O.N. (DE: MRCG ) gained 0.14% or 0.100 points to 74.070.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: MEOG ) which rose 11.52% to 27.400, Leoni AG NA O.N. (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 5.28% to settle at 30.090 and Salzgitter AG O.N. (DE: SZGG ) which gained 5.26% to close at 25.020.
The worst performers were Kabel Deutschland Holding AG O.N. (DE: KD8Gn ) which was down 11.03% to 102.000 in late trade, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which lost 0.49% to settle at 29.430 and Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was up 0.24% to 8.719 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 6.68% to 45.655, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 5.78% to settle at 34.515 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 4.24% to close at 33.100.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG O.N. (DE: DRIG ) which was down 3.14% to 37.020 in late trade, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which lost 2.03% to settle at 37.185 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 1.83% to 45.795 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 632 to 195 and 27 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.01% to 20.34.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.68% or 8.40 to $1229.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.99% or 0.38 to hit $38.66 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.23% or 0.49 to trade at $40.34 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.25% to 1.1322, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.7872.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.29% at 94.89.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.