The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 3.15% or 0.262 points to trade at 8.587 at the close. K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) added 2.86% or 0.580 points to end at 20.860 and Merck KGAA O.N. (DE: MRCG ) was up 2.78% or 2.120 points to 78.280 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which added 0.03% or 0.005 points to trade at 14.985 in late trade. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 0.31% or 0.026 points to end at 8.466 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) gained 0.37% or 0.065 points to 17.550.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG O.N. (DE: SZGG ) which rose 5.93% to 25.000, Gerry Weber Internat.O.N. (DE: GWIG ) which was up 4.96% to settle at 13.220 and Duerr AG O.N. (DE: DUEG ) which gained 4.26% to close at 63.210.
The worst performers were Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was down 1.65% to 45.820 in late trade, Rhoen-Klinikum O.N. (DE: RHKG ) which lost 0.91% to settle at 27.215 and Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was down 0.86% to 8.920 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which rose 6.94% to 65.840, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.39% to settle at 3.331 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 4.22% to close at 43.500.
The worst performers were PSI AG F.Pr.U.Sys. NA (DE: PSAGn ) which was down 0.81% to 14.090 in late trade, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which lost 0.68% to settle at 10.290 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 0.62% to 231.800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 639 to 202 and 30 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.58% to 21.29 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold for April delivery was down 1.30% or 16.40 to $1243.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 3.84% or 1.48 to hit $37.02 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 2.60% or 1.05 to trade at $39.34 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.40% to 1.1103, while EUR/GBP rose 0.01% to 0.7753.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.36% at 96.57.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.