The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 5.21% or 0.312 points to trade at 6.297 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 5.19% or 0.635 points to end at 12.865 and Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ) was up 4.24% or 0.495 points to 12.180 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 0.42% or 0.340 points to trade at 81.150 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 0.55% or 0.650 points to end at 119.350 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) gained 0.67% or 0.235 points to 35.300.
The top performers on the MDAX were Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which rose 26.83% to 74.525, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 4.02% to settle at 26.810 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 3.11% to close at 34.470.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 3.80% to 36.95 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 60.090 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was down 2.35% to 26.405 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which rose 7.49% to 9.166, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 4.90% to settle at 186.200 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which gained 4.70% to close at 33.000.
The worst performers were STRATEC Biomedical AG (DE: SBSG ) which was down 1.51% to 50.200 in late trade, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 0.07% to settle at 54.520 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was up 0.36% to 80.990 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 704 to 186 and 22 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.22% to 23.80.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 1.92% or 25.05 to $1279.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.68% or 0.30 to hit $44.37 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.09% or 0.04 to trade at $45.62 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.92% to 1.1037, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8902.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.91% at 97.82.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.