The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 6.65% or 1.465 points to trade at 23.500 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 5.40% or 0.890 points to end at 17.380 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 4.61% or 5.600 points to 127.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 2.64% or 0.315 points to trade at 11.605 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 1.23% or 0.920 points to end at 73.990 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 0.73% or 0.680 points to 91.940.
The top performers on the MDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 9.45% to 4.79, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 5.20% to settle at 13.06 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which gained 4.71% to close at 27.705.
The worst performers were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was down 2.63% to 133.200 in late trade, Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which lost 1.48% to settle at 58.709 and Rhoen Klinikum AG (DE: RHKG ) which was down 1.07% to 24.930 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 6.42% to 44.660, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was up 4.97% to settle at 7.579 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 4.52% to close at 37.340.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 1.61% to 18.645 in late trade, Software AG O.N. (DE: SOWG ) which lost 1.07% to settle at 32.260 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 0.84% to 37.965 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 623 to 287 and 31 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.19% to 16.43 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 0.63% or 7.35 to $1177.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.39% or 0.71 to hit $50.22 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.04% or 0.56 to trade at $53.37 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.35% to 1.0755, while EUR/GBP rose 1.02% to 0.8538.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.22% at 100.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.