The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 5.11% or 0.950 points to trade at 19.550 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 3.96% or 0.285 points to end at 7.486 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 3.36% or 4.700 points to 144.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which added 0.52% or 0.17 points to trade at 33.06 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 0.74% or 0.640 points to end at 86.760 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) gained 0.78% or 1.500 points to 193.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which rose 5.28% to 36.700, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 5.07% to settle at 75.780 and Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which gained 4.62% to close at 67.980.
The worst performers were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which was down 6.71% to 66.300 in late trade, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which lost 1.40% to settle at 4.98 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 0.83% to 33.450 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 4.72% to 14.545, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 4.13% to settle at 200.350 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 3.83% to close at 24.700.
The worst performers were Alix Resources Corp (F: 37N2 ) which was down 2.50% to 0.039 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 1.98% to settle at 4.062 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 0.47% to 9.890 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 577 to 182 and 26 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.23% to 14.61.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.58% or 7.25 to $1246.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.17% or 0.09 to hit $53.92 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.05 to trade at $56.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.0569, while EUR/GBP rose 0.41% to 0.8577.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 101.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.