Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.01%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.01%, while the MDAX index lost 0.47%, and the TecDAX index declined 1.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 2.86% or 0.209 points to trade at 7.514 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 2.25% or 1.060 points to end at 48.070 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 1.91% or 0.960 points to 51.350 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 5.87% or 1.100 points to trade at 17.655 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.46% or 2.00 points to end at 134.55 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.30% or 0.74 points to 56.33.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 4.97% to 7.143, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 3.64% to settle at 51.300 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 3.05% to close at 28.340.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.19% to 76.060 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 4.26% to settle at 31.92 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 2.68% to 81.5500 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 10.30% to 14.570, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 0.51% to settle at 78.650 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 0.19% to close at 21.62.
The worst performers were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which was down 5.87% to 17.655 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.19% to settle at 76.060 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 4.59% to 26.2000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 356 to 347 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.45% to 16.74.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.41% or 5.45 to $1315.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.83% or 0.50 to hit $59.44 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.07 to trade at $67.36 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.07% to 1.1257, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8508.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 96.357.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or