The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 1.60% or 1.420 points to trade at 90.250 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 0.94% or 0.600 points to end at 64.360 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 0.91% or 0.087 points to 9.680 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ), which lost 4.01% or 4.00 points to trade at 95.78 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 3.96% or 0.319 points to end at 7.746 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 2.58% or 1.690 points to 63.820.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which rose 2.50% to 4.100, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was up 2.15% to settle at 26.65 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 2.09% to close at 48.880.
The worst performers were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 6.68% to 6.261 in late trade, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which lost 5.90% to settle at 31.675 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 3.92% to 36.280 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 9.11% to 10.90, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 6.26% to settle at 22.060 and HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which gained 4.58% to close at 8.69.
The worst performers were Corestate Capital Holding SA (DE: CCAG ) which was down 4.90% to 32.0000 in late trade, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which lost 3.45% to settle at 1.7640 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was unchanged 3.08% to 0.11 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 371 to 331 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.85% to 17.02.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.76% or 10.05 to $1325.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.59% or 0.86 to hit $55.09 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.46 to trade at $62.00 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.27% to 1.1445, while EUR/GBP fell 0.37% to 0.8718.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 95.273.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.