Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.11%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Technology , Industrials and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.11%, while the MDAX index lost 0.24%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 4.19% or 4.600 points to trade at 114.500 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 3.47% or 0.640 points to end at 19.080 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 2.24% or 2.14 points to 97.64 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 2.98% or 0.525 points to trade at 17.105 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 2.52% or 3.72 points to end at 143.92 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.45% or 0.92 points to 62.59.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 3.74% to 41.060, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.10% to settle at 99.7500 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which gained 2.76% to close at 34.26.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 6.40% to 72.800 in late trade, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which lost 4.19% to settle at 28.84 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 2.67% to 84.48 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Befesa SA (DE: BFSA ) which rose 6.02% to 38.75, Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which was up 5.74% to settle at 140.00 and Hypoport AG (DE: HYQGn ) which gained 2.44% to close at 159.400.
The worst performers were WashTec AG O.N. (DE: WSUG ) which was down 8.53% to 65.400 in late trade, Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which lost 8.02% to settle at 38.4000 and Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was down 7.62% to 38.800 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 374 to 337 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 10.24% to 19.11.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.88% or 22.60 to $1221.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.60% or 0.34 to hit $56.80 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.65% or 0.43 to trade at $67.05 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.70% to 1.1407, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8882.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.47% at 96.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or