Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.13%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Construction and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.13%, while the MDAX index declined 0.43%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 1.12% or 1.400 points to trade at 126.800 at the close. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) added 0.81% or 1.80 points to end at 225.40 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 0.68% or 0.043 points to 6.360 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 2.26% or 2.12 points to trade at 91.74 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.49% or 0.65 points to end at 42.91 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.21% or 0.67 points to 54.82.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which rose 1.77% to 41.890, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 1.29% to settle at 26.600 and Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which gained 1.19% to close at 42.46.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 2.58% to 86.900 in late trade, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which lost 2.00% to settle at 25.48 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 1.91% to 38.55 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 1.57% to 12.310, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was up 1.39% to settle at 37.86 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 1.03% to close at 58.700.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 5.37% to 8.1120 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 3.01% to settle at 10.32 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 2.58% to 86.900 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 419 to 272 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.85% to 14.42.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.25% or 3.45 to $1400.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.91% or 0.52 to hit $57.59 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.29% or 0.83 to trade at $65.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.50% to 1.1348, while EUR/GBP rose 0.42% to 0.8925.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 95.870.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or