The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 1.32% or 0.123 points to trade at 9.476 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.14% or 0.780 points to end at 69.300 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 0.72% or 0.170 points to 23.890 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 2.56% or 5.20 points to trade at 198.20 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.60% or 0.65 points to end at 40.05 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) shed 1.31% or 2.6500 points to 199.5500.
The top performers on the MDAX were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which rose 4.34% to 93.180, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 117.400 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which gained 1.61% to close at 25.32.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 4.69% to 123.00 in late trade, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which lost 2.08% to settle at 17.920 and Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was down 1.76% to 78.080 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which rose 2.00% to 6.375, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 1.85% to settle at 11.315 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 0.94% to close at 139.450.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 7.33% to 72.050 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 5.23% to settle at 20.660 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 4.47% to 13.880 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 360 to 331 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.70% to 15.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1301.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.62% or 1.05 to hit $65.78 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.96% or 1.48 to trade at $76.84 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.36% to 1.1816, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8791.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 93.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.