Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.17%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Construction , Utilities and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.17%, while the MDAX index fell 0.16%, and the TecDAX index lost 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 3.38% or 0.820 points to trade at 25.110 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 1.40% or 0.320 points to end at 23.210 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) was up 1.21% or 0.410 points to 34.430 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 1.45% or 0.137 points to trade at 9.339 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 1.36% or 1.100 points to end at 79.980 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 1.13% or 0.760 points to 66.600.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 1.31% to 13.49, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was up 1.18% to settle at 29.0600 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 1.16% to close at 18.250.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 2.82% to 61.950 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 2.64% to settle at 50.94 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 2.29% to 34.920 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 5.90% to 35.00, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was up 2.79% to settle at 5.900 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which gained 2.29% to close at 14.730.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 3.32% to 88.700 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 2.55% to settle at 8.854 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 1.82% to 36.660 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 350 to 342 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.22% to 14.15 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1322.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.74% or 0.53 to hit $70.83 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.34% or 0.26 to trade at $77.21 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.32% to 1.1953, while EUR/GBP rose 0.03% to 0.8815.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.25% at 92.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or