Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.19%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Food & Beverages , Utilities and Financial Services sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.19%, while the MDAX index declined 0.40%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.20%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 3.57% or 4.44 points to trade at 128.86 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.45% or 0.155 points to end at 6.485 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.42% or 1.030 points to 43.620 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 3.28% or 1.51 points to trade at 44.54 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 2.72% or 0.640 points to end at 22.900 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 2.55% or 3.950 points to 151.050.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 9.54% to 27.560, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 4.85% to settle at 55.800 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which gained 3.80% to close at 14.220.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 5.51% to 89.150 in late trade, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which lost 4.77% to settle at 34.750 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was down 4.21% to 21.38 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 9.54% to 27.560, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 5.71% to settle at 55.500 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 4.85% to close at 55.800.
The worst performers were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 5.51% to 89.150 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 3.57% to settle at 10.26 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 2.55% to 151.050 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 362 to 338 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.63% to 14.33.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.09% or 1.15 to $1349.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.46% or 0.25 to hit $53.86 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.26% or 0.16 to trade at $61.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.21% to 1.1215, while EUR/GBP fell 0.35% to 0.8880.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 96.928.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or