Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.20%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Industrials and Technology sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.20%, while the MDAX index lost 0.16%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.24%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 1.03% or 2.85 points to trade at 280.00 at the close. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) added 0.68% or 0.30 points to end at 44.45 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 0.59% or 0.900 points to 152.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 5.32% or 0.382 points to trade at 6.793 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 1.87% or 1.78 points to end at 93.24 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.12% or 0.68 points to 60.03.
The top performers on the MDAX were Knorr-Bremse AG (DE: KBX ) which rose 2.01% to 94.10, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was up 1.70% to settle at 41.20 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which gained 1.52% to close at 53.320.
The worst performers were Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was down 4.43% to 34.520 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 3.90% to settle at 35.000 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 3.60% to 87.0000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 1.41% to 36.7600, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was up 1.21% to settle at 70.900 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 0.66% to close at 30.500.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 3.60% to 87.000 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 2.93% to settle at 8.3380 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 2.39% to 14.290 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 376 to 295 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.22% to 13.42.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.11% or 1.55 to $1398.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.75% or 0.43 to hit $57.94 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.54% or 0.35 to trade at $64.58 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1216, while EUR/GBP fell 0.03% to 0.8961.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.950.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or