The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.50% or 0.600 points to trade at 24.585 at the close. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) added 1.74% or 0.650 points to end at 38.060 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 1.59% or 1.85 points to 118.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 2.16% or 1.790 points to trade at 81.010 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 1.23% or 0.860 points to end at 69.000 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 1.04% or 0.101 points to 9.587.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which rose 2.01% to 81.210, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which was up 1.50% to settle at 20.970 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which gained 1.33% to close at 114.500.
The worst performers were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 4.86% to 111.500 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 4.72% to settle at 17.050 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which was down 1.41% to 70.770 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 1.48% to 36.050, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was up 1.30% to settle at 4.674 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.96% to close at 74.780.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 7.58% to 10.120 in late trade, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which lost 5.60% to settle at 6.080 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.16% to 12.220 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 438 to 313 and 34 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.83% to 12.57.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.64% or 8.25 to $1293.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.90% or 1.44 to hit $51.02 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.97% or 1.10 to trade at $56.89 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.49% to 1.1797, while EUR/GBP fell 0.03% to 0.8930.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.48% at 93.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.