Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.23%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Financial Services , Retail and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.23%, while the MDAX index fell 0.88%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.44%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which rose 2.12% or 3.600 points to trade at 173.700 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.94% or 0.440 points to end at 23.070 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.69% or 0.162 points to 9.755 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 4.67% or 2.23 points to trade at 45.49 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 2.93% or 0.180 points to end at 5.958 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 2.52% or 3.750 points to 145.050.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which rose 1.19% to 35.82, Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which was up 1.18% to settle at 44.620 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 1.16% to close at 28.810.
The worst performers were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 7.73% to 39.150 in late trade, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which lost 3.28% to settle at 20.660 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was down 3.23% to 22.74 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 4.65% to 10.80, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was up 1.19% to settle at 35.82 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 1.16% to close at 28.8100.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.78% to 22.320 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 3.61% to settle at 12.280 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 2.52% to 145.050 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 382 to 317 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.46% to 16.25.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.66% or 8.85 to $1342.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.25% or 0.13 to hit $51.55 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.08% or 0.05 to trade at $60.58 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.66% to 1.1293, while EUR/GBP rose 0.50% to 0.8886.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.43% at 96.830.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or