The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 3.52% or 3.080 points to trade at 90.460 at the close. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) added 2.52% or 1.92 points to end at 77.96 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 2.01% or 2.10 points to 106.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 4.01% or 0.900 points to trade at 21.560 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 2.87% or 0.740 points to end at 25.020 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) shed 1.90% or 0.206 points to 10.644.
The top performers on the MDAX were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which rose 2.42% to 24.940, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was up 1.95% to settle at 16.710 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which gained 1.91% to close at 35.280.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 3.43% to 65.860 in late trade, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which lost 3.39% to settle at 40.230 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 2.92% to 51.180 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which rose 0.82% to 24.470, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 0.23% to settle at 13.000 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 0.03% to close at 3.749.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 13.14% to 19.977 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 11.07% to settle at 47.400 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 9.67% to 7.158 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 496 to 221 and 57 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.00% to 20.65.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.27% or 17.10 to $1324.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 2.21% or 1.44 to hit $63.81 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 1.97% or 1.37 to trade at $68.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.44% to 1.2348, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.8752.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.56% at 89.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.