The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 3.04% or 3.85 points to trade at 130.35 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.36% or 1.94 points to end at 144.12 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 1.24% or 0.245 points to 20.070 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 2.75% or 3.850 points to trade at 135.900 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 2.39% or 2.160 points to end at 88.320 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 1.37% or 0.275 points to 19.855.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which rose 2.70% to 3.389, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 2.67% to settle at 36.14 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which gained 2.45% to close at 33.420.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 6.02% to 18.825 in late trade, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which lost 4.99% to settle at 65.650 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 4.12% to 100.000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which rose 2.70% to 3.389, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 2.67% to settle at 30.780 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which gained 2.59% to close at 73.150.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 6.71% to 9.240 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 5.85% to settle at 9.18 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 4.44% to 237.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 435 to 263 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.47% to 20.34.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.10% or 1.35 to $1290.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.72% or 0.37 to hit $51.22 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 1.01% or 0.61 to trade at $59.87 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.10% to 1.1478, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.8913.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 95.137.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.