The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 2.10% or 0.370 points to trade at 17.995 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 2.08% or 3.550 points to end at 174.000 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 2.04% or 4.05 points to 202.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 6.06% or 1.158 points to trade at 17.942 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 4.54% or 6.25 points to end at 131.50 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 4.02% or 0.810 points to 19.340.
The top performers on the MDAX were Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which rose 3.20% to 39.330, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was up 2.17% to settle at 26.36 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which gained 1.48% to close at 31.4700.
The worst performers were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 6.17% to 44.59 in late trade, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which lost 5.98% to settle at 38.210 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 5.04% to 9.31 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 2.01% to 13.700, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 1.55% to settle at 8.240 and Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which gained 0.98% to close at 144.40.
The worst performers were Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was down 10.38% to 8.5500 in late trade, Deutz AG (DE: DEZG ) which lost 8.65% to settle at 6.020 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 6.35% to 112.10 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 447 to 254 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 7.05% to 18.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1229.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.96% or 0.66 to hit $69.31 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.10% or 0.87 to trade at $80.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.58% to 1.1520, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.8832.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 95.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.