The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 4.28% or 2.900 points to trade at 70.640 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 3.16% or 1.455 points to end at 47.570 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 0.93% or 0.061 points to 6.591 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 2.54% or 3.00 points to trade at 115.22 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 2.14% or 3.200 points to end at 146.300 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 2.09% or 0.860 points to 40.230.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 13.76% to 74.000, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was up 1.70% to settle at 41.83 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which gained 1.51% to close at 6.514.
The worst performers were Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was down 6.02% to 35.90 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 4.23% to settle at 65.700 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 3.27% to 2.307 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 1.26% to 48.300, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was up 1.06% to settle at 29.480 and Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which gained 0.99% to close at 102.100.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 8.04% to 6.460 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 7.65% to settle at 12.08 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which was down 6.98% to 24.000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 396 to 285 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.58% to 13.76.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.19% or 2.65 to $1409.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.05% or 0.03 to hit $60.40 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.43% or 0.29 to trade at $66.72 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1254, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.8991.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 96.703.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.