The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 1.50% or 0.60 points to trade at 40.65 at the close. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) added 0.94% or 1.00 points to end at 107.30 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) was up 0.86% or 0.840 points to 98.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 4.65% or 1.520 points to trade at 31.170 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 2.46% or 0.580 points to end at 22.990 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 2.22% or 1.540 points to 67.760.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which rose 1.50% to 40.500, Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was up 1.22% to settle at 100.90 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which gained 1.19% to close at 118.800.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 3.55% to 8.428 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 3.54% to settle at 118.65 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 2.89% to 69.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which rose 2.37% to 281.00, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 1.83% to settle at 142.000 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which gained 1.79% to close at 19.860.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.10% to 140.450 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 4.55% to settle at 13.000 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 4.01% to 15.065 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 399 to 303 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.74% to 15.80.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1302.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.59% or 0.39 to hit $65.56 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.06% or 0.82 to trade at $76.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.24% to 1.1771, while EUR/GBP fell 0.09% to 0.8782.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 93.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.