The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 1.39% or 0.206 points to trade at 15.072 at the close. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) added 0.94% or 0.660 points to end at 70.900 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.84% or 0.70 points to 84.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 1.82% or 2.750 points to trade at 148.750 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.51% or 1.94 points to end at 126.14 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.49% or 0.650 points to 42.950.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 2.29% to 29.440, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 1.97% to settle at 28.00 and Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which gained 1.56% to close at 125.16.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 5.33% to 87.0000 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 5.01% to settle at 13.4750 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.14% to 32.430 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 2.92% to 10.58, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.29% to settle at 29.440 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 1.96% to close at 46.900.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 4.95% to 87.325 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 3.14% to settle at 32.4300 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 3.12% to 29.820 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 406 to 282 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.40% to 15.19.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.42% or 5.95 to $1424.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.12% or 0.07 to hit $57.97 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.16% or 0.10 to trade at $64.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.32% to 1.1359, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8954.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 95.773.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.