The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 1.59% or 0.420 points to trade at 26.910 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 0.46% or 0.500 points to end at 109.550 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 0.44% or 0.85 points to 192.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which lost 2.90% or 5.14 points to trade at 172.14 in late trade. Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) declined 1.51% or 0.440 points to end at 28.700 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 1.24% or 2.80 points to 222.20.
The top performers on the MDAX were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which rose 3.17% to 32.860, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 1.89% to settle at 12.96 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 0.95% to close at 111.650.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 4.13% to 0.14 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 2.61% to settle at 57.800 and Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which was down 2.40% to 90.610 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which rose 1.41% to 129.200, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was up 1.22% to settle at 124.70 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 1.18% to close at 19.800.
The worst performers were Software AG (DE: SOWG ) which was down 6.13% to 40.120 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 2.17% to settle at 146.450 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 2.13% to 16.275 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 376 to 315 and 84 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.82% to 16.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.15% or 2.00 to $1349.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.37% or 0.92 to hit $66.47 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 1.23% or 0.89 to trade at $71.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.34% to 1.2372, while EUR/GBP fell 0.32% to 0.8634.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 89.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.