The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 3.20% or 0.640 points to trade at 20.630 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 2.04% or 1.120 points to end at 56.000 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 0.85% or 0.580 points to 69.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ), which lost 2.65% or 2.92 points to trade at 107.42 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 2.36% or 0.490 points to end at 20.250 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 2.08% or 0.87 points to 40.87.
The top performers on the MDAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which rose 0.88% to 22.8000, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was up 0.78% to settle at 80.200 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 0.61% to close at 13.09.
The worst performers were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 4.03% to 29.510 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 3.06% to settle at 52.64 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 3.02% to 32.080 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 4.11% to 45.60, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 3.59% to settle at 114.050 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 3.25% to close at 133.500.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 5.88% to 8.170 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 3.66% to settle at 92.150 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 3.33% to 20.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 441 to 251 and 86 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.22% to 15.42.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.38% or 16.50 to $1208.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.13% or 0.10 to hit $75.20 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.05% or 0.04 to trade at $84.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.13% to 1.1563, while EUR/GBP rose 0.27% to 0.8902.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.