The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 2.47% or 0.173 points to trade at 7.175 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 0.73% or 1.300 points to end at 180.050 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 0.51% or 0.360 points to 71.060 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ), which lost 2.94% or 3.10 points to trade at 102.44 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 2.47% or 1.740 points to end at 68.800 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.44% or 0.630 points to 43.220.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 6.19% to 40.51, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 3.33% to settle at 13.960 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 2.79% to close at 90.2500.
The worst performers were Knorr-Bremse AG (DE: KBX ) which was down 4.30% to 92.25 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 3.52% to settle at 54.26 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 2.95% to 36.250 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 2.79% to 90.250, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 1.16% to settle at 7.420 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 0.97% to close at 14.640.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 2.95% to 36.2500 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which lost 2.92% to settle at 26.600 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 2.67% to 61.960 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 410 to 251 and 93 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.10% to 13.39.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 1.42% or 20.15 to $1400.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.24% or 0.14 to hit $57.48 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.75% or 1.11 to trade at $64.41 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.55% to 1.1221, while EUR/GBP fell 0.03% to 0.8965.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.60% at 96.905.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.