The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ), which rose 0.82% or 0.82 points to trade at 101.36 at the close. BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) added 0.69% or 0.480 points to end at 69.650 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.35% or 0.34 points to 97.96 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 2.55% or 2.50 points to trade at 95.50 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 2.37% or 3.30 points to end at 135.95 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 2.37% or 1.380 points to 56.960.
The top performers on the MDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.36% to 19.500, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 2.01% to settle at 25.840 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which gained 0.93% to close at 32.600.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 6.91% to 70.050 in late trade, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which lost 6.78% to settle at 4.072 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 4.28% to 29.980 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which rose 4.43% to 93.050, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was up 3.45% to settle at 42.000 and WashTec AG O.N. (DE: WSUG ) which gained 3.03% to close at 71.500.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 14.21% to 9.78 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 9.64% to settle at 34.320 and HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which was down 8.45% to 9.15 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 491 to 210 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 31.26% to 21.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.25% or 15.00 to $1214.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.00% or 0.56 to hit $56.81 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.24% or 0.82 to trade at $66.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1315, while EUR/GBP rose 1.99% to 0.8877.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.38% at 97.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.