The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 1.55% or 0.640 points to trade at 42.010 at the close. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) added 0.41% or 0.220 points to end at 54.400 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) was up 0.36% or 0.64 points to 176.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 2.35% or 2.95 points to trade at 122.65 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 2.25% or 4.50 points to end at 195.50 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 2.12% or 1.300 points to 60.160.
The top performers on the MDAX were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which rose 13.57% to 41.000, Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was up 2.89% to settle at 50.950 and Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which gained 1.84% to close at 7.485.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 7.75% to 44.520 in late trade, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which lost 6.86% to settle at 21.030 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 3.95% to 30.620 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 7.89% to 0.12, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was up 2.95% to settle at 38.400 and JOST Werke AG (DE: JSTG ) which gained 2.67% to close at 26.9500.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 17.72% to 24.85 in late trade, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which lost 12.75% to settle at 44.500 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 7.36% to 8.3340 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 463 to 245 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.00% to 20.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.28% or 3.50 to $1243.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 2.74% or 1.44 to hit $51.14 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.99% or 1.22 to trade at $60.23 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.52% to 1.1302, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8990.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.42% at 97.468.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.