The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.33% or 0.260 points to trade at 19.785 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 1.08% or 0.099 points to end at 9.253 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 0.82% or 0.450 points to 55.580 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 2.38% or 0.520 points to trade at 21.310 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 2.18% or 1.500 points to end at 67.300 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 1.82% or 3.40 points to 183.55.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which rose 8.77% to 7.764, Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was up 1.43% to settle at 19.100 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which gained 1.24% to close at 27.84.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 4.03% to 33.59 in late trade, Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which lost 3.29% to settle at 149.70 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 3.10% to 42.150 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which rose 3.44% to 286.00, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was up 3.33% to settle at 68.300 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which gained 3.04% to close at 54.20.
The worst performers were Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 4.76% to 31.980 in late trade, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 4.64% to settle at 10.585 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 4.32% to 19.040 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 496 to 232 and 53 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 8.13% to 19.28.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.82% or 10.30 to $1244.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.31% or 0.23 to hit $73.92 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.79% or 1.42 to trade at $77.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.67% to 1.1606, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8840.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.59% at 94.79.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.