The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 3.91% or 1.67 points to trade at 44.37 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 1.91% or 1.620 points to end at 86.420 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.31% or 0.280 points to 21.590 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 5.20% or 0.425 points to trade at 7.747 in late trade. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) declined 4.43% or 2.240 points to end at 48.380 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 3.41% or 0.445 points to 12.610.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which rose 2.65% to 41.850, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was up 2.10% to settle at 7.520 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which gained 2.01% to close at 99.460.
The worst performers were Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 7.29% to 46.400 in late trade, Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which lost 6.52% to settle at 62.500 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 5.14% to 35.220 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 1.33% to 8.775, Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) which was up 1.26% to settle at 14.870 and Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which gained 0.92% to close at 36.65.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 9.09% to 7.50 in late trade, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which lost 3.75% to settle at 31.590 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 3.56% to 298.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 458 to 241 and 86 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.35% to 14.80.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.07% or 0.85 to $1286.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.59% or 0.33 to hit $56.55 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.42% or 0.28 to trade at $66.27 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.81% to 1.1214, while EUR/GBP fell 0.19% to 0.8567.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.66% at 97.438.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.