The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which rose 1.07% or 0.94 points to trade at 88.48 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 0.66% or 0.440 points to end at 66.700 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 0.53% or 0.950 points to 180.600 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 5.29% or 0.803 points to trade at 14.385 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 2.53% or 0.305 points to end at 11.770 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 1.88% or 1.160 points to 60.480.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 2.14% to 37.79, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was up 1.78% to settle at 54.45 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which gained 1.31% to close at 15.0650.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 12.56% to 92.950 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.53% to settle at 57.740 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 4.50% to 31.650 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 3.78% to 24.680, Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which was up 0.40% to settle at 35.240 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.23% to close at 88.250.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 12.56% to 92.950 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.53% to settle at 57.740 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which was down 5.29% to 14.385 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 446 to 243 and 88 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 22.77% to 14.92 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.21% or 2.80 to $1346.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.77% or 0.40 to hit $52.68 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.17% or 0.72 to trade at $62.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.60% to 1.1207, while EUR/GBP rose 0.03% to 0.8897.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.57% at 97.553.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.