Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.63%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Basic Resources , Retail and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.63%, while the MDAX index fell 1.00%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.98%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 0.75% or 0.640 points to trade at 85.840 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 0.74% or 0.105 points to end at 14.200 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 0.68% or 0.105 points to 15.535 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 2.69% or 1.280 points to trade at 46.310 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 1.80% or 1.22 points to end at 66.59 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 1.76% or 1.62 points to 90.44.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 2.29% to 38.420, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 2.03% to settle at 48.300 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which gained 1.43% to close at 21.30.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 7.71% to 96.9000 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 4.51% to settle at 7.71 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 4.35% to 46.870 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which rose 4.76% to 52.800, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 4.22% to settle at 21.720 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 2.10% to close at 268.00.
The worst performers were Koenig & Bauer AG ST O.N. (DE: SKBG ) which was down 4.82% to 41.820 in late trade, Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which lost 4.72% to settle at 107.00 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.04% to 9.98 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 465 to 236 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 7.56% to 17.79.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.36% or 4.65 to $1302.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.71% or 1.99 to hit $51.70 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 3.13% or 1.93 to trade at $59.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.23% to 1.1439, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8685.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or