Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.64%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Food & Beverages , Construction and Chemicals sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.64%, while the MDAX index lost 0.90%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 1.39% or 1.600 points to trade at 116.950 at the close. Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) added 0.73% or 0.80 points to end at 111.04 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 0.32% or 0.280 points to 87.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ), which lost 2.65% or 2.270 points to trade at 83.500 in late trade. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) declined 2.57% or 1.480 points to end at 56.130 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) shed 2.03% or 4.3000 points to 207.9000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 1.78% to 27.38, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 1.29% to settle at 26.700 and Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which gained 0.78% to close at 41.600.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 5.93% to 50.750 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 3.44% to settle at 37.00 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 3.40% to 11.21 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 2.33% to 182.450, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 1.35% to settle at 9.880 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which gained 1.21% to close at 75.500.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 6.60% to 28.320 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 3.40% to settle at 24.40 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 3.22% to 41.460 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 469 to 231 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 6.88% to 14.37.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.36% or 4.30 to $1205.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.19% or 1.55 to hit $72.33 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 2.76% or 2.16 to trade at $80.40 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.20% to 1.1773, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8969.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 93.68.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or