The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 2.34% or 0.217 points to trade at 9.489 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 2.13% or 4.70 points to end at 225.20 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) was up 1.35% or 1.340 points to 100.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 4.18% or 0.389 points to trade at 8.908 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 3.73% or 0.890 points to end at 22.950 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) shed 1.91% or 3.55 points to 182.05.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which rose 4.52% to 8.650, Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which was up 2.02% to settle at 86.720 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 1.41% to close at 18.750.
The worst performers were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 6.09% to 109.400 in late trade, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which lost 3.53% to settle at 68.400 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 2.69% to 37.640 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which rose 0.72% to 58.500, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 0.24% to settle at 42.100 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which lost 0.09% to close at 22.160.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 6.54% to 124.300 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which lost 5.14% to settle at 35.780 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 4.61% to 138.700 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 490 to 214 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.84% to 13.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 2.25% or 29.50 to $1278.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.20% or 2.14 to hit $64.75 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 3.40% or 2.58 to trade at $73.36 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.32% to 1.1605, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8740.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 94.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.