Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.83%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Food & Beverages , Technology and Retail sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.83% to hit a new 52-week low, while the MDAX index lost 0.27%, and the TecDAX index lost 1.68%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ), which rose 1.22% or 1.030 points to trade at 85.210 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 0.69% or 1.06 points to end at 154.74 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 0.51% or 0.140 points to 27.490 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 2.34% or 1.420 points to trade at 59.320 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 2.10% or 1.700 points to end at 79.400 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 1.76% or 0.390 points to 21.790.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 1.97% to 73.40, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 1.76% to settle at 113.000 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which gained 1.62% to close at 9.266.
The worst performers were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was down 4.37% to 14.210 in late trade, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which lost 2.15% to settle at 80.100 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 1.87% to 34.050 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.60% to 15.915, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 3.10% to settle at 13.300 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which gained 2.94% to close at 21.000.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 13.18% to 20.680 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 9.08% to settle at 13.020 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 7.93% to 73.100 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 471 to 243 and 57 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.74% to 22.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.33% or 4.50 to $1354.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.46% or 0.30 to hit $65.58 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.40% or 0.28 to trade at $69.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.71% to 1.2440, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8740.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.49% at 88.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or