Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.83%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Construction , Industrials and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.83%, while the MDAX index declined 0.79%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.19%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ), which rose 2.18% or 0.295 points to trade at 13.850 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 0.92% or 1.58 points to end at 173.16 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 0.51% or 0.150 points to 29.690 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 2.65% or 0.290 points to trade at 10.648 in late trade. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) declined 2.58% or 2.950 points to end at 111.550 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 2.57% or 0.690 points to 26.190.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 1.48% to 35.640, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was up 1.46% to settle at 13.865 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which gained 0.66% to close at 36.500.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 5.88% to 0.16 in late trade, Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which lost 2.83% to settle at 92.410 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which was down 2.75% to 79.120 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 5.56% to 95.000, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 4.13% to settle at 32.75 and Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which gained 2.59% to close at 29.300.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 4.94% to 19.620 in late trade, S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which lost 3.93% to settle at 19.560 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 3.69% to 142.200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 453 to 239 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.63% to 19.07.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.47% or 19.80 to $1365.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.40% or 1.57 to hit $67.08 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.96% or 1.39 to trade at $72.43 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.23% to 1.2383, while EUR/GBP rose 0.05% to 0.8720.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 89.14.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or