Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.85%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Software , Retail and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.85%, while the MDAX index lost 1.24%, and the TecDAX index fell 1.67%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which rose 2.43% or 3.300 points to trade at 139.300 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.95% or 2.80 points to end at 146.72 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.15% or 0.220 points to 19.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 7.02% or 10.375 points to trade at 137.425 in late trade. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) declined 3.00% or 2.750 points to end at 88.950 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 2.94% or 1.560 points to 51.460.
The top performers on the MDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 5.85% to 43.460, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was up 2.18% to settle at 38.470 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which gained 1.98% to close at 7.92.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 5.86% to 79.53 in late trade, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which lost 5.58% to settle at 27.23 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 4.92% to 114.100 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 6.67% to 0.13, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 3.60% to settle at 10.36 and Cewe Color Holding O.N. (DE: CWCG ) which gained 3.51% to close at 67.900.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 6.15% to 33.60 in late trade, Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which lost 5.56% to settle at 8.915 and Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which was down 5.47% to 36.3000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 471 to 241 and 63 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.21% to 19.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.13% or 1.60 to $1222.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.23% or 0.13 to hit $56.59 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.72% or 0.48 to trade at $66.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1446, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8909.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 96.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or