The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 1.01% or 0.64 points to trade at 64.00 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 0.73% or 0.110 points to end at 15.215 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 0.47% or 0.650 points to 139.950 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 4.42% or 8.65 points to trade at 186.85 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) declined 2.85% or 2.84 points to end at 96.72 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 2.83% or 0.261 points to 8.970.
The top performers on the MDAX were Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which rose 2.22% to 17.4800, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 1.84% to settle at 116.300 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which gained 1.57% to close at 21.370.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 11.63% to 22.56 in late trade, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which lost 7.06% to settle at 424.25 and Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was down 6.37% to 3.511 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Patrizia Immobilien AG (DE: PATGn ) which rose 2.20% to 17.690, KWS SAAT AG O.N. (DE: KWSG ) which was up 1.33% to settle at 267.00 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which unchanged 0.43% to close at 0.12.
The worst performers were HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which was down 10.43% to 6.53 in late trade, Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which lost 8.15% to settle at 6.2000 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 7.65% to 22.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 575 to 155 and 49 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.96% to 20.89.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.45% or 5.60 to $1247.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.87% or 0.96 to hit $50.51 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.88% or 0.53 to trade at $59.75 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.30% to 1.1340, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8997.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 96.653.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.